Tuesday, February 2, 2016

TCMDO is no longer discontinued


My favorite FRED data series, TCMDO, is no longer discontinued:


I noticed when I went back and looked at the last graph here. My screen capture from back in October shows TCMDO (red) running slightly below the sum of the two replacement series. But when I followed the link below that graph to get back to FRED, the red line now runs right atop the blue.

So they revised the TCMDO data and brought it back from the land of the discontinued. Nice.

It also has a new name now.
Old name: All sectors; Credit Market Instruments; Liability, Level
New name: All Sectors; Debt Securities and Loans; Liability, Level

The new name makes sense. The two series that I had to add together back in October were Total Debt Securities and Total Loans.

It's like finding a four leaf clover.